Well done to all who competed today in Cork at the Munster Schools Combined Events Championships & to all who helped out.
See Results here – Schools Combined Events Results 2016
See Report here – Munster Schools CE Report 2016
Well done to all our East Munster athletes who took part & in particular to those who have qualified for the Irish Schools Combined Events Championships in AIT Arena on Saturday 12th November:- Shane Monagle, Ard Scoil na Mara (4th Intermediate Boys), Orla Winston & Ava Fennessy, Loreto Clonmel (1st & 2nd in Junior Girls), Emily O’Mahony, St. Augustine’s Dungarvan (3rd Junior Girls) & Beth Fitzpatrick, Loreto Clonmel (2nd Senior Girls).
As it is a weekday on Wednesday 5th, parking will be limited at CIT. There is also parking available at the Leisure World centre beside CIT for a fee of 5 euro. If availing of their parking facilities, please ensure that you report to their Reception to pay the fee as clamping is in operation for unpaid cars.
Closing date for Munster Schools Combined Events Championships is coming up on Friday next 30th September. Please get your entries in without delay to Aisling Hoey at email@example.com.
Schools must be affiliated before any student may compete in any event run by MSAA or any regional organisation – North, South or East Munster.
Please ensure that your school is affiliated in good time.
Please fill in Affiliation Form & send fee of 70 euro to your Regional Secretary Mary Ashe. All details can be found in Affiliation Form at link below.
All relevant information on the forthcoming Munster Schools Combined Events Championships can be found at the link below on the Munster Schools website.
Entry Forms have gone out to all Schools Closing date for entries is Friday 30th September.
The Munster Schools Combined Events Championships will be held OUTDOORS on Wednesday 5th October at the Athletics Track in Cork I.T., as Nenagh Indoor Stadium is closed for renovations. Each School can enter a maximum of 3 athletes per age category.
Also, commencing this year, a Minor competition will replace the usual 1st Year competition. The events will be the same as the Junior, Intermediate & Senior groups (ie. Girls do Hurdles, Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Putt & 800m & Boys do Hurdles, Long Jump, 200m, Shot Putt & 800m). Please note that the Minor competition is UNSUITABLE for athletes who have not had any prior experience of Hurdles and/or High Jump.
Entry Forms & all applicable information will be sent out to all Schools in the next few days.
66 schools’ athletes represented Ireland at the SIAB Schools Track and Field International in the Julie Rose Stadium in Ashford, Kent, England on Saturday 16th July. 5 East Munster athletes were on the team & they all competed very well for their school & country. Top performer was Miriam Daly, Scoil Mhuire COS who won gold in the 300mH, bronze in the 80mH & was also part of the Irish Girls 4 x 300m team who won bronze. She also received the Sean Nyhan Award for the Most Meritorious Performance from an Irish Female Athlete.
Claire Rafter, Ursuline Thurles was another medal winner, winning silver in the 1500m. Other athletes who performed well were Shane Monagle, Ard Scoil na Mara (8th 100mH), Sean Mockler, Thurles CBS (4th Hammer & 5th Discus) & Jade O’Farrell Bond, Borrisokane CC (7th Hammer). Congratulations & well done to our 5 athletes.
See Full Results here – SIAB_Results_Ashford_2016. See AAI Report here.
See AAI Preview & Full Irish team here
The GloHealth Tailteann Games were held on Saturday 25th June in Morton Stadium, Santry.
Miriam Daly, Scoil Mhuire Carrick-On-Suir scored a double gold medal win in the 80mH & 300mH & also anchored the Munster Girls 4 x 100m Relay team to a silver medal finish. Sean Mockler, Thurles CBS also won two individual medals with gold in the Hammer & bronze in the Discus while Claire Rafter, Ursuline Thurles won gold in the 1500m & Orla O’Connor, Waterpark College won the 3km Walk. Silver medals were won by Jade O’Farrell Bond, Borrisokane CC in the Hammer, Jake Vermeer, Comeragh College (400mH) & Shane Monagle, Ard Scoil na Mara (100mH) while bronze medals went to Aaron Donnelly, Abbey CC (1500m S/C) & Katie Murphy, Abbey CC (200m).
Other athletes who competed well were:-
- Diarmuid Harty, St. Augustines (4th Pole Vault)
- Anna O’Connor, Waterpark College (5th 3km Walk)
- Liam McDonagh, Thurles CBS (5th 3km Walk)
- Kieren Moloney, Thurles CBS (5th 800m)
- Jack Pender, High School Clonmel (5th 400m)
- Katie Murphy, Abbey CC (5th 100m)
- Sadbh O’Mahony, St. Mary’s Nenagh ((6th 300m)
- Emma Caulfield, Ursuline Waterford (6th 3km Walk)
- Adam O’Dwyer, Thurles CBS (6th Pole Vault)
- Brian Naughton, Nenagh College (6th Hammer)
- Craig Cloona, St. Augustines (7th Pole Vault)
- Eoin Kenny, De La Salle Waterford (7th Javelin)
- Jack Ryan, Thurles CBS (8th Triple Jump)
- Conor Ryan, Our Lady’s Templemore (9th 3km)
- Alexandra Lapiy, Scoil Mhuire COS (9th Javelin)
- Ava Fennessy, Loreto Clonmel (9th 800m)
- Emily Tierney, St. Mary’s Nenagh (10th High Jump)
- Evan Keane, St. Declan’s Kilmacthomas (10th 1500m)
See Results here
See Link for Photos here
The GloHealth Irish Schools Track & Field Championships were held in Tullamore Harriers Stadium on Saturday 4th June.
See Results here – isaa_results_2016
See Full Field Results here – isaa_field_series
Our medal winners on the day were:-
- Adam O’Dwyer, Thurles CBS – Junior Boys Pole Vault
- Josh Hewitt, Rockwell College – Junior Boys Javelin
- Miriam Daly, Scoil Mhuire COS – Inter Girls 80mH & 300mH
- Claire Rafter, Ursuline Thurles – Inter Girls 1500m
- Orlaith O’Brien, Yeats College Waterford – Senior Girls Javelin
- Anthony Tobin, High School Clonmel – Senior Boys 3km Walk
- Dion Ryan, Waterpark College – Senior Boys High Jump
- Yuri Kanash, St. Augustine’s Dungarvan – Senior Boys Pole Vault
- Jake Bagge, Ard Scoil na Mara – Junior BOys 1500m
- Jack Ryan, Thurles CBS – Junior Boys Triple Jump
- Orla O’Connor, Waterpark College – Inter Girls 2km Walk
- Kylie Heinan, St. Declan’s Kilmacthomas – Junior Girls High Jump
- Emily O’Mahony, St. Augustine’s Dungarvan – Junior Girls Triple Jump
- Liam McDonagh, Thurles CBS – Inter Boys 2km Walk
- Scoil Mhuire COS – Inter Girls Relay
- Anna Ryan, Ursuline Thurles – Junior Girls Pole Vault
- Emily O Mahony, St. Augustine’s Dungarvan – Junior Girls Long Jump
- Jake Costello, Carrick CBS – Junior Boys Long Jump
- Luke Power, Dungarvan CBS – Junior Boys Discus
- Sean Mockler, Thurles CBS – Inter Boys Discus
- Anne Corcoran, Ursuline Waterford – Senior Girls 400m
- Aoife Delargy, Ursuline Thurles – Senior Girls 800m
- Denise O’Connor, Ard Scoil na Mara – Senior Girls Long Jump
- Aoife Vaughan Witts, Borrisokane CC – Senior Girls Hammer
- Barry Keane, St. Declan’s Kilmacthomas – Senior Boys 5km
In the Overall Schools rankings, Scoil Mhuire Carrick-On-Suir won the Intermediate Girls Cup with Thurles CBS winning the Intermediate Boys Cup & placing 2nd in the Junior Boys category with St. Augustine’s Dungarvan 3rd in the Junior Girls competition.