The Munster Schools AGM will take place on Monday 19th November 2018 in the Cahir House Hotel at 8pm. All interested parties are welcome to attend. Agenda can be found here – Agenda 2019
The County Tipperary Post Primary Schools Cross Country Championships will take place on Tuesday 27th November at 11.30am in Thurles Crokes A.C. Grounds. All entries to Niall O’Sullivan at email@example.com by Friday 23rd November.
See all the details here – tipp-pps-xc-2018
The Irish Schools Combined Events Championships were held in AIT International Arena, Athlone on Saturday 13th October. East Munster had 6 athletes taking part and they all competed very well on the day with our top scorer being Katie Nolke, Ursuline Waterford who placed 3rd in the Junior Girls competition with 3107 points and Dillon Ryan, Thurles CBS who was 4th in the Junior Boys competition with 2812 points. Both athletes have been selected for the Irish U/16 team that will compete at the SIAB Schools Combined Events International in the Emirates Arena, Glasgow on Saturday 3rd November. Congratulations to them both and we wish them the very best of luck. See Report here – irish-schools-ce-champs-2018
8th place finishes were recorded by Tom McCutcheon, St. Joseph’s Borrisoleigh (Minor Boys 2123 points), Darragh O’Neill, Ardscoil na Mara (Junior Boys 2595 points) & Emily O’Mahony, St. Augustine’s Dungarvan (Inter Girls 2904 points) with a 13th place finish for Laura Hayes, Borrisokane CC (Inter Girls 1601 points).
See Full Results here – http://connaughtathletics.com/2018/national/schoolsCE/menu.html
The Munster Schools Combined Events Championships were held in Nenagh Indoor Stadium on Wednesday 3rd October. Many thanks to all the Munster officials, coaches, teachers & parents who helped out on the day. Your support is very much appreciated. East Munster athletes competed very well and our medal winners and qualifiers to Nationals are:-
- Tom McCutcheon, St. Joseph’s College Borrisoleigh – 4th Minor Boys
- Katie Nolke, St. Angela’s Ursuline SS Waterford – 4th Minor Girls
- Dillon Ryan, CBS Thurles – 2nd Junior Boys
- Darragh O’Neill, Ardscoil na Mara – 3rd Junior Boys
- Emily O’Mahony, St. Augustine’s College Dungarvan – 2nd Inter Girls
- Laura Hayes, Borrisokane Community College – 4th Inter Girls
See Munster Report here – munster-schools-ce-report-2018
The Munster Schools Combined Events Championships take place in Nenagh Indoor Stadium on Wednesday 3rd October. Closing date for receipt of entries is Friday 28th September. All the details have been sent around to all the schools on our Munster mailing list.
See all relevant information here – http://www.munsterschoolsathletics.org/munster-schools-combined-events-2018/
Affiliation for the new School Year (2018/2019) is now due.
See Affiliation Form here – munster-schools-affiliation-form-2018-2019
Please download, complete and send to Mary Ashe, East Munster Schools Co-Ordinator, 10 Meadowlands, Abbeyside, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford together with payment of 70 euro, Affiliation fee.
The SIAB Schools U/17 Track & Field International took place in Grangemouth Stadium, Scotland on Saturday 21st July 2018 with 22 Munster athletes taking part & bringing home 4 individual medals in total (2 silver & 2 bronze), and 3 Relay medals (3 silver). Marc Jones, Colaiste Muire Cobh also won gold in the 100m Non-Scoring race on the day with a time of 11.32.
Although no medals were won by East Munster athletes, there were some great performances by them. A 4th place finish was recorded Anna Ryan, Ursuline Thurles in the Girls Pole Vault (3.11m) with 5th place finishes for Tirna Cahill, Pobalscoil na Trionoide Youghal in the Girl’s Hammer (48.73m) & Emily O’Mahony, St. Augustine’s Dungarvan in the Triple Jump (10.94m). 7th place finishes were recorded by Lucy Holmes, Ard Scoil na nDeise in the 800m (2.15.87) & Jake Bagge, Ard Scoil na Mara in the 800m (1.58.55) with an 8th place finish for Adam O’Dwyer, Thurles CBS in the Pole Vault (3.61m).
See Full Report – siab-schools-tf-inter-2018-report
The Irish Life Health Irish Schools Tailteann Interprovincial will take place in Morton Stadium on Saturday 23rd June. See Timetable here.
The Munster team for the Tailteann Games will be selected early this week and athletes notified towards the end of the week.
Our East Munster medal winners on the day were:-
- Ursuline Waterford Junior Girls 4 x 100m (51.00)
- Dillon Ryan, Thurles CBS, Junior Boys Triple Jump (11.72m)
- Anna Ryan, Ursuline Thurles, Intermediate Girls Pole Vault (3.30m)
- Lucy Holmes, Ard Scoil na nDeise, Intermediate Girls 800m (2.13.33)
- Adam O’Dwyer, Thurles CBS, Intermediate Boys Pole Vault (3.70m)
- Jack Ryan, Thurles CBS, Intermediate Boys Shot Putt (13.67m)
- Jake Costello, Comeragh College, Intermediate Boys Long Jump (6.59m)
- Jake Bagge, Ard Scoil na Mara, Intermediate Boys 800m (1.58.32)
- Sorcha Moloney, Presentation Thurles, Senior Girls 3km (10.22.19)
- Miriam Daly, Scoil Mhuire COS, Senior Girls 400mH (1.01.40)
- Orla O’Connor, Waterpark College, Senior Girls 3km Walk (13.36.64)
- Paula Igwe, Ursuline Waterford, Junior Girls 75mH (11.56)
- Katie Nolke, Ursuline Waterford, Junior Girls High Jump (1.59m)
- Dillon Ryan, Thurles CBS, Junior Boys Pole Vault (3.10m)
- James Sage, St. Joseph’s Borrisoleigh, Junior Boys 80mH (11.66)
- Una O’Brien, Waterpark College, U/16 Girls Mile (5.14.34)
- Tirna Ni Chathail, Pobailscoil na Trionoide, Intermediate Girls Hammer (49.09)
- Diarmuid Harty, St. Augustine’s, Senior Boys Pole Vault (3.40m)
- Sam O’Neill, St. Augustine’s, Senior Boys Pole Vault (3.40m)
- Sean Mockler Thurles CBS, Senior Boys Hammer (62.17m)
- Shane Monagle, Ard Scoil na Mara, Senior Boys 110mH (14.47)
- Ailbhe O’Neill, St. Mary’s Nenagh, Junior Girls 800m (2.18.54)
- Katie Nolke, Ursuline Waterford, Junior Girls Long Jump (5.44m)
- Kyle Dooley, Colaiste Phobal Ros Cre, Junior Boys 200m (23.69)
- Claire Caulfield, Ursuline Thurles, Intermediate Girls 2km Walk (9.48.21)
- Matteo Mary, St. Declan’s Kilmacthomas, U/16 Boys Mile (4.34.11)
- Ruth Heery, Waterpark College, Senior Girls 3km Walk (15.15.98)
- Fiona Hennessy, Presentation Thurles, Senior Girls Shot Putt (9.72m)
- Sean Mockler Thurles CBS, Senior Boys Discus (41.51m)
- James Murphy, Ard Scoil na Mara, Senior Boys Long Jump (6.59m)