The SIAB Schools U/17 Track & Field International took place in Grangemouth Stadium, Scotland on Saturday 21st July 2018 with 22 Munster athletes taking part & bringing home 4 individual medals in total (2 silver & 2 bronze), and 3 Relay medals (3 silver). Marc Jones, Colaiste Muire Cobh also won gold in the 100m Non-Scoring race on the day with a time of 11.32.
Although no medals were won by East Munster athletes, there were some great performances by them. A 4th place finish was recorded Anna Ryan, Ursuline Thurles in the Girls Pole Vault (3.11m) with 5th place finishes for Tirna Cahill, Pobalscoil na Trionoide Youghal in the Girl’s Hammer (48.73m) & Emily O’Mahony, St. Augustine’s Dungarvan in the Triple Jump (10.94m). 7th place finishes were recorded by Lucy Holmes, Ard Scoil na nDeise in the 800m (2.15.87) & Jake Bagge, Ard Scoil na Mara in the 800m (1.58.55) with an 8th place finish for Adam O’Dwyer, Thurles CBS in the Pole Vault (3.61m).
See Full Report – siab-schools-tf-inter-2018-report
The Irish Life Health Irish Schools Tailteann Interprovincial will take place in Morton Stadium on Saturday 23rd June. See Timetable here.
The Munster team for the Tailteann Games will be selected early this week and athletes notified towards the end of the week.
Congratulations to all our athletes who took part in the Irish Schools T&F Championships in Tullamore on Saturday 2nd June. See AAI Report and results here. Photos from Sportsfile here.
Our East Munster medal winners on the day were:-
- Ursuline Waterford Junior Girls 4 x 100m (51.00)
- Dillon Ryan, Thurles CBS, Junior Boys Triple Jump (11.72m)
- Anna Ryan, Ursuline Thurles, Intermediate Girls Pole Vault (3.30m)
- Lucy Holmes, Ard Scoil na nDeise, Intermediate Girls 800m (2.13.33)
- Adam O’Dwyer, Thurles CBS, Intermediate Boys Pole Vault (3.70m)
- Jack Ryan, Thurles CBS, Intermediate Boys Shot Putt (13.67m)
- Jake Costello, Comeragh College, Intermediate Boys Long Jump (6.59m)
- Jake Bagge, Ard Scoil na Mara, Intermediate Boys 800m (1.58.32)
- Sorcha Moloney, Presentation Thurles, Senior Girls 3km (10.22.19)
- Miriam Daly, Scoil Mhuire COS, Senior Girls 400mH (1.01.40)
- Orla O’Connor, Waterpark College, Senior Girls 3km Walk (13.36.64)
- Paula Igwe, Ursuline Waterford, Junior Girls 75mH (11.56)
- Katie Nolke, Ursuline Waterford, Junior Girls High Jump (1.59m)
- Dillon Ryan, Thurles CBS, Junior Boys Pole Vault (3.10m)
- James Sage, St. Joseph’s Borrisoleigh, Junior Boys 80mH (11.66)
- Una O’Brien, Waterpark College, U/16 Girls Mile (5.14.34)
- Tirna Ni Chathail, Pobailscoil na Trionoide, Intermediate Girls Hammer (49.09)
- Diarmuid Harty, St. Augustine’s, Senior Boys Pole Vault (3.40m)
- Sam O’Neill, St. Augustine’s, Senior Boys Pole Vault (3.40m)
- Sean Mockler Thurles CBS, Senior Boys Hammer (62.17m)
- Shane Monagle, Ard Scoil na Mara, Senior Boys 110mH (14.47)
- Ailbhe O’Neill, St. Mary’s Nenagh, Junior Girls 800m (2.18.54)
- Katie Nolke, Ursuline Waterford, Junior Girls Long Jump (5.44m)
- Kyle Dooley, Colaiste Phobal Ros Cre, Junior Boys 200m (23.69)
- Claire Caulfield, Ursuline Thurles, Intermediate Girls 2km Walk (9.48.21)
- Matteo Mary, St. Declan’s Kilmacthomas, U/16 Boys Mile (4.34.11)
- Ruth Heery, Waterpark College, Senior Girls 3km Walk (15.15.98)
- Fiona Hennessy, Presentation Thurles, Senior Girls Shot Putt (9.72m)
- Sean Mockler Thurles CBS, Senior Boys Discus (41.51m)
- James Murphy, Ard Scoil na Mara, Senior Boys Long Jump (6.59m)
The Irish Schools Athletics Champions from 1916 to 2017 has been updated This amazing report has been compiled by Pierce O’Callaghan so our thanks to him.
See Report here – http://www.athleticsireland.ie/downloads/statistics/Schools_ROH_1916-2017.pdf
The Munster Schools Track & Field Championships will take place in An Riocht A.C. Track, Castleisland, Co. Kerry this Saturday, 19th May with field events commencing at 10am and track events at 11am. See Timetable on the Munster Schools Athletics Website at this link – http://www.munsterschoolsathletics.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Munster-Schools-Track-Field-Timetable-2018-.pdf
Please note that if schools had any medal winners in the Minor Girls and Boys 200m and 1500m, these events are not held at Munster level so these athletes will not be competing on Saturday in those events. Also, Senior Boys will be running 5km on the day and not 3km.
Any schools with athletes who qualified for the Munster Pole Vault competition, this is being held separately this Wednesday (16th) in Cork I.T. . Warm up at 4.30pm with competition to start at 5pm. There will be two pools – opening height in Pool 1 is 1.50m and after that, Pool 2 is opening at 2.60m.
See List of East Munster Qualifers for Munster Schools T&F Championships below:-
Any spelling errors or any withdrawals, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
A pair of UK size 9 Adidas Arriba IV spikes (purple, white & red) were left behind after the East Munster Schools BOYS T&F Championships in Templemore last Thursday. If anyone is missing same, please contact email@example.com.
Another very successful day of athletics took place in Templemore Track on Thursday 10th May at the East Munster Schools BOYS T&F Championships. Many thanks to all the schools who attended and to all who helped out on the day. Your support is greatly appreciated.
See Results here – east-munster-schools-boys-tf-results-2018. Any errors/omissions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
A very successful day of athletics took place in Waterford RSC on Wednesday 2nd May at the East Munster Schools GIRLS T&F Championships. Many thanks to all the schools who attended and to all who helped out on the day. Your support is greatly appreciated.
3 new records were set on the day by the athletes below:-
- Anna Ryan, Ursuline Thurles in the Intermediate Girls Pole Vault (3.00m). Previous record of 2.50m was held jointly by Siobhan Brackett, St. Augustine’s (2005) & Megan Dunford, St. Augustine’s (2014).
- Una O’Brien, Waterpark College in the U/16 Mile (5.18.10). Previous record of 5.39 was held by Aoife Deering, St. Mary’s Nenagh (2013).
- Tirna Ni Chathail, Pobalscoil na Trionoide in the Intermediate Girl’s Hammer (54.03m) Previous record of 45.76 was held by Aishling Vaughan Witts, Borrisokane CC (2015).
A big congratulations to those 3 athletes and to all our medal winners on the day.
See Results here – east-munster-schools-girls-tf-results-2018. Any errors/omissions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Updated Records here – east-munster-schools-girls-records-2018