66 schools’ athletes represented Ireland at the SIAB Schools Track and Field International in the Julie Rose Stadium in Ashford, Kent, England on Saturday 16th July. 5 East Munster athletes were on the team & they all competed very well for their school & country. Top performer was Miriam Daly, Scoil Mhuire COS who won gold in the 300mH, bronze in the 80mH & was also part of the Irish Girls 4 x 300m team who won bronze. She also received the Sean Nyhan Award for the Most Meritorious Performance from an Irish Female Athlete.
Claire Rafter, Ursuline Thurles was another medal winner, winning silver in the 1500m. Other athletes who performed well were Shane Monagle, Ard Scoil na Mara (8th 100mH), Sean Mockler, Thurles CBS (4th Hammer & 5th Discus) & Jade O’Farrell Bond, Borrisokane CC (7th Hammer). Congratulations & well done to our 5 athletes.
See Full Results here – SIAB_Results_Ashford_2016. See AAI Report here.
See AAI Preview & Full Irish team here
The GloHealth Tailteann Games were held on Saturday 25th June in Morton Stadium, Santry.
Miriam Daly, Scoil Mhuire Carrick-On-Suir scored a double gold medal win in the 80mH & 300mH & also anchored the Munster Girls 4 x 100m Relay team to a silver medal finish. Sean Mockler, Thurles CBS also won two individual medals with gold in the Hammer & bronze in the Discus while Claire Rafter, Ursuline Thurles won gold in the 1500m & Orla O’Connor, Waterpark College won the 3km Walk. Silver medals were won by Jade O’Farrell Bond, Borrisokane CC in the Hammer, Jake Vermeer, Comeragh College (400mH) & Shane Monagle, Ard Scoil na Mara (100mH) while bronze medals went to Aaron Donnelly, Abbey CC (1500m S/C) & Katie Murphy, Abbey CC (200m).
Other athletes who competed well were:-
- Diarmuid Harty, St. Augustines (4th Pole Vault)
- Anna O’Connor, Waterpark College (5th 3km Walk)
- Liam McDonagh, Thurles CBS (5th 3km Walk)
- Kieren Moloney, Thurles CBS (5th 800m)
- Jack Pender, High School Clonmel (5th 400m)
- Katie Murphy, Abbey CC (5th 100m)
- Sadbh O’Mahony, St. Mary’s Nenagh ((6th 300m)
- Emma Caulfield, Ursuline Waterford (6th 3km Walk)
- Adam O’Dwyer, Thurles CBS (6th Pole Vault)
- Brian Naughton, Nenagh College (6th Hammer)
- Craig Cloona, St. Augustines (7th Pole Vault)
- Eoin Kenny, De La Salle Waterford (7th Javelin)
- Jack Ryan, Thurles CBS (8th Triple Jump)
- Conor Ryan, Our Lady’s Templemore (9th 3km)
- Alexandra Lapiy, Scoil Mhuire COS (9th Javelin)
- Ava Fennessy, Loreto Clonmel (9th 800m)
- Emily Tierney, St. Mary’s Nenagh (10th High Jump)
- Evan Keane, St. Declan’s Kilmacthomas (10th 1500m)
See Results here
See Link for Photos here